Mold shows up only when the condition is favorable for them in your home. And in many instances, mold is part of life – at one point or another, everyone has seen them. They are really disgusting to look at.
Mold can grow on old food, and you can easily deal with mold infested food by simply tossing it in the trash. However, you cannot deal with mold in your home the same way.
If mold grows in your bathroom, kitchen, or refrigerator, you cannot just toss them in the trash as you would do to a mold infested food. Mold in the home is a serious issue that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Here are three reasons mold is more than just an eyesore:
It’s a Health Hazard
It is true that mold naturally occurs in the environment, and its spores too small for the naked eye. But this does not mean that its presence in your home is harmless.
Those green or black patches you see in certain areas of your home where there’s usually water like your bathroom, kitchen, and basement, can set off allergic reactions and respiratory problems, like asthma or emphysema, in people who haven’t shown signs of them before.
The presence of Mold Points to a Larger Issue
Mold is a type of fungus, and for it to thrive in your home, it requires certain elements to grow. Such elements include paper, paint, soil or food. However, one culprit we normally overlook is a water leak.
Mold would flourish in such areas where there is a leak. The leak could be so minor that it goes unnoticed until it gets bigger and consequently results in water damage.
Mold Spreads Easily
While one tiny patch may look so harmless, its presence means that its spread is inevitable. Mold release spores that can spread via water and air. People and pets can unwittingly spread the mold from one area of the home to another.
So there you have it. Three reasons mold is more than just an eyesore.
AAction Restoration is your mold identification and removal expert in the Maryland area. Contact us today about an estimate for mold removal in your home.